2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Ron Fellows Special Edition
Lot No. 512
Auctioned on Saturday, March 23, 2013
Sold for $ 52,800
- Marking his championship tenure with Corvette Racing’s GT1-class domination in the ALMS, Corvette racing living legend Ron Fellows was celebrated with a specially prepared 2007 Corvette Z06 production model. Each example is distinguished by Arctic White paint (including the door handles) that is accented with a racing-style fender stripe and Ron Fellows’ autograph.
- This special Corvette Z06 is the first signed special edition in Corvette’s then 54-year history, and is the first Arctic White Z06 ever offered. Only 399 were produced. Number 399 of 399 built, this is the last of the limited series and features Ron Fellows’ personal autograph in the console and is dated January 23, 2007, while the car was still on the assembly line.
- The 7.0-liter V-8 engine produces 505 horsepower that can catapult the C6 Z06 from a standstill to 60-mph in 3.5-seconds. The transmission is a Tremec six-speed manual. It has a dry sump lubrication system to ensure that when experiencing over 1.0g of lateral forces, the engine is not robbed of precious oil.
- Exterior cues include a full-width racing spoiler and a unique windshield banner. Additional standard equipment includes the well-equipped 2LZ package and chrome wheels. Special interior appointments include red seats, center console, door panels and instrument panel, red leather-covered armrest with a Corvette-signature “cross flags” logo that is hand-signed and numbered by Ron Fellows as well as tech pattern interior trim - many power conveniences - less than 150 miles registered on the odometer
- The front fender graphics are reminiscent of the identifying graphics of the Corvette GT1 race car. They feature double Monterey Red Metallic stripes with Machine Silver borders and Fellows’ autograph in a contrasting Victory Red shade, along with the callouts of the championship years when he was at the wheel. There is also a maple leaf logo motif incorporated with the graphics, a nod to Fellows’ Canadian heritage.
Only 399 were produced. Number 399 of 399 built, This special Corvette Z06 is the first signed special edition in Corvette’s then 54-year history, and is the first Arctic White Z06 ever offered celebrating American LeMans Series and Corvette racing living legend Ron Fellows. The 7.0-liter V-8 engine produces 505 horsepower that can catapult the C6 Z06 from a standstill to 60-mph in 3.5-seconds. There are many special appointments unique to this edition of Corvette. Ron Fellows has also signed this legendary American sports car.