June 1-3 2012
Sold for $102,300
This XK150 S roadster features a 210-cid, 210-hp aluminum head, twin camshaft, inline six-cylinder engine mated to a four-speed manual gearbox with overdrive. Only 888 “S” models were built in 1959; this special equipment package includes three SU carburetors, dual exhausts, wire wheels and four-wheel disc brakes with servo assist. The XK150 roadster introduced in 1958 utilized noticeable body panel changes from the fixed and drop-head coupes of this series including a longer hood and front fenders. The 1959 Jaguar XK150 S represents the third and final evolutionary step in the development of the XK series that commenced with the XK120 in 1948 and ended in 1960.