Auburn Fall

  • Search Auction
  • Auction Info
  • Attractions
  • All Lots
  • All Vehicles Lots
  • Feature Lots
  • Automobilia
  • Buyers
  • Sellers
  • Car Corral
  • Swap Meets
  • Vendors
  • Watch Live
  • Overnight Motorhome Application

Search Past Auctions

  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four
  • 1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four


1907 Fabrique-Nationale Four

To be offered on Thursday, August 31, 2017

Estimate: $ 40,000 - $ 50,000

  • 362-cc shaft-drive four-cylinder engine
  • Frame No. 18074


Belgian company Fabrique Nationale d’Herstal was originally an arms manufacturer, who like BSA, turned to bicycle manufacturing and eventually motorcycle construction. Officially called La Fabrique Nationale d’Armes de Guerre (National Factory of Weapons of War), the company stunned the world when it introduced a four-cylinder, side-valve motorcycle at the Paris Cycle Show of 1905. The new bike’s smooth power delivery endeared itself to owners, who at the time, were used to vibrating singles and twins.

Designed by Paul Kelecom, this model would remain in production until 1923, increasing to 748 cubic centimeters at the request of sidecar owners. All FNs featured leading-link forks and were shaft driven until 1923, when a new overhead valve four-cylinder switched to chain drive. The example offered here is formerly of the Hartung Collection and is a very nice early survivor. It appears mostly complete, down to its original stove black livery.


Sponsors